With its new marina and cosmopolitan cafes and restaurants, Funchal, the capital of the Portuguese island of Madeira, is a modern city that has managed to hold onto its old world charm. The island’s subtropical climate and relaxed way of life makes it an ideal all-year round destination for photoshoots.Wander around the narrow, cobbled streets of the old town, which are teeming with restaurants and cafes. At the weekend, explore a flea market selling everything from brassware to wicker and embroidered goods. Look out for the painted door project on Rua de Santa Maria, where local artists have added colourful murals to doors and entryways.
Why shoot in Funchal?
- fusion of architecture with nature.
- squares of different sizes and diverse architectural sights
- both wide avenues and cozy narrow cobbled streets
- a variety of sights inside the city
- diverse landscapes outside the city
- good transport connection